• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Advice on machine choice ASV

housemover

Im looking at a SR 80 and an RC 50 ASV. I understand they are much different in size and power. Im looking to start more demo and excavating, currently most business comes from lifting up homes and digging out underneath to add basements. A smaller machine is great for that scenario, but could an RC 50 keep up on demo? I believe i can make anything work. Just looking for some input, especially on the ASV equipment. Is the attachment plate universal, can i use bobcat (or whatever) attachments for it. We currently dig with a CAT 252 and besides not having tracks, it works great.

buckfever

Can't help you with picking a machine but I seen a guy once who does the same kind of work. He used a ford skidloader with no canopy and it had those tires that looked like they came off a pickup truck. Gotta say hitting your head off the floor joist got to hurt.