• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

advice hint building design gin pole diy

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Trombeur
Really looking to go this route need to consider basic leverage.
The Iveco pictured is great as depicted as a small dump truck 60-65% bed weight ahead of drive axle 35-40% behind allows the bed to tilt easier under loaded conditions
Finding a little longer wheelbase, drive axle at rear most of frame, fixed bolted down bed if has one so the winch works have a platform to work from. Gin Poles need to be mounted closer in to the axle centerline as possible from the rear of the chassis on lighter equipment, heavier truck longer wheelbase and can move back away to the tail of frame.

trombeur

Pensavo fosse alto come ruote e come baricentro. il problema sarebbe fissare a pavimento i supporti che fungono da cardini per i pali del gin e trovare un punto di ancoraggio per i soggiorni della struttura. grazie comunque per i tuoi chiarimenti suggerimenti.

ea988e6cb1cb3fefbf966a359b64593a_thumb.jpg

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
There is a common theme to Euro Trucks, spacing of axles to set a predetermined Load balance across the axles and chassis where a Gin Pole machine will not be situated as such.

images
images
images

Rear Axle needs to be further Back for More weight to counterbalance. Placing Gin Poles on a weight distributed bed as you show defeats the weight bearing ability unless move the boom over the axle then defeats the ability to span the load away from the truck. Most Gin Pole equipped machines at least here are specialized design where no longer really meet load distribution basis on the beds.

trombeur

in sostanza, per distribuire il carico, è meglio saldare le cerniere dei supporti perpendicolari all'assale posteriore per scaricare il peso a terra e non sulla sovrastruttura per evitare che il telaio del camion si fletta, presumo, credo? esatto ?? "