• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ADT pulling Scraper

gbdigger

Occupation
Super
Has anyone tried out one of the K-Tech gooseneck scrapers attached to an ADT like a Cat 740. Looks like you would have better weight distribution. I've watched the youtube videos on these things and it sure takes a long time to load them in my opinion, what’s everybody else think?

D5G

Those are some cool videos, never seen anything like that before. Looks very effecient. But we need a model, for sure.

dozerdave

Hi gbdigger,

I guess I could live with his loading time, + or - 1 minute without a push cat, but it looked to me like he was loading up hill. Not much but it doesn't take much to eat up your traction. Also unless tailings were the issue why load away from the fill and have to turn with a loaded scraper. If anything will break a rear axel on the down hill side it is that.

gbdigger

Occupation
Super
Hi gbdigger,

I guess I could live with his loading time, + or - 1 minute without a push cat, but it looked to me like he was loading up hill. Not much but it doesn't take much to eat up your traction. Also unless tailings were the issue why load away from the fill and have to turn with a loaded scraper. If anything will break a rear axel on the down hill side it is that.

I was thinking the same thing about turning a loaded scraper, gets you fired real quick around here, The other thing is they are loading easy to load material real easy on the Bell video, makes me wonder how they would do in clay. The real problem with scrapers is finding anyone who can run them worth a crap anymore around where we work anyway