• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Adjusting new steering cylinders on Case 580c

csthompson12

Hello, I am installing new power steering cylinders on a 580c. You can adjust the length of the cylinders by threading the tie rod ends in/out. I was wondering what case calls for as far as adjusting the length? I should try to locate a manual.

Delmer

If you're talking about "toe in" it's usually something like 1/4"-1/2" toe in, unless you plan to take this thing out on the track.

nova481

Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
hope this helps

Attachments

• toe in adjustments.jpg
    toe in adjustments.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 199

csthompson12

Thanks for that info, that does help too. But what I was wondering -- say the toe adjust is already set (using the rod that goes all the way across #2 in picture). Then I go to install the right and left steering cylinders. The steering cylinders have ball joints at the ends that are threaded into the cylinders. I was wondering how far to thread in the ball joints at each end of the cylinders. For example, when you turn the wheel, do you want the wheel stops to hit before the steering cylinders bottom out? Nova, would you happen to have the page in steering cylinder installation.

THanks!

nova481

Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
how about this

Attachments

• steering cylinders 1.jpg
    steering cylinders 1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 207
  • steering cylinder 2.jpg
    steering cylinder 2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 220