1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Adding a hydraulic thumb to my 2004 John Deere 310g backhoe

Discussion in 'Tractor/Loader/Backhoes' started by Moore Floors, May 17, 2015.

1. joe--h

joe--h Well-Known Member

2. mg2361

mg2361 Senior Member

Equipment Mechanic/Technician
    Your machine by the pictures is plumbed for a hammer (one way flow). It most likely was installed by a dealer since it is not on the original build sheet. I would follow the advice of some the other posters since Deere parts to complete the install would be quite expensive.

Ronsii likes this.
  3. Mark Benavidez

Mark Benavidez Member

Hey mg2361 thanks for checking that for me ! I do know a guy here that's quite knowledgeable on this kinda stuff I will ask him if its something he might know about . Looked on line for the additional parts prob spend 500.00 more but maybe not that much. Would I need 2 electric switch valves or just 1 ? Thank u everyone for the info Mark

4. mg2361

mg2361 Senior Member

Equipment Mechanic/Technician
    All I can tell you is for the Deere setup it would be a control valve section, foot pedal and linkage and lines that will run out to the thumb. Very expensive. Deere does not offer electric solenoids for that machine. To go that route you would be designing your own system.

Ronsii likes this.
  5. Mark Benavidez

Mark Benavidez Member

Mg. Thank you very much for all ur time and info. This is a live and learn situation for me I should have done my research before all the investment . I think I'm just gona turn it into a manual thumb and rack it up as a learning lesson. Thanks again for everyone's input. Great place to find out info!!