• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ADDCO DH1000 Message Board Trailer Stuck on One Message

bobfunghoul

I have a 2006 ADDCO DH1000 message board trailer that I recently purchased. The trailer is in excellent condition all around with the exception that when I turn the power on and the current message operates properly, I am unable to get the keypad to respond with anything other than "PLEASE WAIT..." Therefore, I can't program any other messages to display on the board. I've called ADDCO a number of times and left messages requesting to purchase an operator's manual, but they have yet to return my calls. Internet searches turn up little to no information on these machines, and there's no one in my neck of the woods that repairs this equipment. I've tried rebooting, checked for proper grounds, and I replaced the dead battery in the control unit, but still no luck. Any information would be much appreciated. Thank you.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
I have manuals I can send you .Whats is your email address .If you want email me at tool_king@hotmail.com . You might have a hand held controller that went bad .I have had one go bad in the past on a unit .
thanks
ED

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
bobfunghoul
I just email you manuals to your email address.What number did you call for Addco ?I have two number for you 1-800-616-4408 toll free or 651-488-8600.

Adam Brandon

Hi bobfunghoul

Did you have any luck getting your sign running? I recently purchased the same sign and am experiencing the same issue. I found if I leave it on the “please wait” screen for about 30 - 40 minutes, then turned the battery isolator off and straight back on. The system will boot up correctly.

I now have another issue, where the HHT says press any key to continue. When I press a key, I get a key tone but it continues to say press any key to continue.

Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions?

Thanks, in advance
Adam

bobfunghoul

Adam,
From my understanding, it's the hand held controller that is the issue. It's a big chunk of change for me to purchase new, and it may not be the problem. So I've been hoping for a reasonably priced one to come up on ebay. I don't know if there is anyone out there that rebuilds them. Right now, I'm not even getting the "please wait" prompt anymore. Ed offered to to help me out with the issue but I got caught up with another project and I just let too much time pass to bother him. Thanks anyway, Ed. My apologies.

Anthony

Last edited: