• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Adams / Wabco 666 hyrdaulic issue

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
Hello everyone,
I'm having a strange hydraulic issue with my Adams 666 grader. Went to run it and the hydraulic tank was pretty much empty, but there's no puddle or leaks anywhere under the machine. I filled up the hydraulic reservoir and started it up, everything was fine, then after a little while it sounded like the pumps were cavitating. Again there's no fluid in the reservoir but now there's hydraulic fluid coming out of the vent for the power distribution box. So somehow the oil isn't making it back to the reservoir from the power distribution box. Is there a scavenge/return pump in there somewhere or am I going to be looking for a clog somewhere? I have a set of manuals but it didn't have anything really relevant in there... Any help would be great!