• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

AC pressure readings and problem with dealer.

Doug580l

In the photos, I don't see any evidence of part # 24 or #20 ... insulating tape
Only tape that I can see seems to be holding a wire to one of the copper tubes behind the fan. I saw a pic in the service manual that seems to show it there too. No specific pics in or mention of the tape in the manual.

Doug580l

Update on machine

Just got the machine back today. Dealer had it a month. Still not fixed.

I actually feel better about the situation now. They finally admitted that there is an issue with the machine and that they have a machine in their rental fleet with the same issue. They did what they could and brought in an outside technician to work on it but weren't able to fix it. Now its in the hands of the engineers at Bobcat who are aware of the problem and will eventually have a solution at which time my machine will be fixed, I hope.

The service manager was let go several weeks ago and I have been treated much better since then. They apologized for the issues and the way it was handled.

fastline

Update on machine

Just got the machine back today. Dealer had it a month. Still not fixed.

I actually feel better about the situation now. They finally admitted that there is an issue with the machine and that they have a machine in their rental fleet with the same issue. They did what they could and brought in an outside technician to work on it but weren't able to fix it. Now its in the hands of the engineers at Bobcat who are aware of the problem and will eventually have a solution at which time my machine will be fixed, I hope.

The service manager was let go several weeks ago and I have been treated much better since then. They apologized for the issues and the way it was handled.
You need to demand compensation here! It sounds like they have had your NEW machine longer than you! I guarantee how it work with CAT around here is with an issue like that, they will spot you another machine until issues can be resolved. Don't let them screw you around on that!

Welder Dave

You need to demand compensation here! It sounds like they have had your NEW machine longer than you! I guarantee how it work with CAT around here is with an issue like that, they will spot you another machine until issues can be resolved. Don't let them screw you around on that!
Don't know about that. Read the new Cat 150 grader thread. Cat never even offered another machine and it's a half a million dollar piece of iron.

fastline

Don't know about that. Read the new Cat 150 grader thread. Cat never even offered another machine and it's a half a million dollar piece of iron.

When I said "around here" I mean local to me. However, I could be off base with smaller operations. The previous company I was with had about $50M worth of kiddies. Saw several times if we were having an issue, the dealer should show up with another machine when they picked up.

As well, I should probably mention that the head super was NOT a guy you wanted to cross. I think they just wanted to keep him happy. Smiling would be pushing it....lol

Old Doug

It sounds like you need to buy lottery tickets.

John Shipp

Occupation
forestry contracting
Here's what I got from the testing.
With the fresh air blocked..."
"The other intake filter is inside the side compartment next to the hydraulic tank, etc..." 160-170

I understand the dealer has the machine to work on, but I just wanted to check a few things. :)

Air filters into the evaporator/blower unit: from your post quoted, I would like to check which filter you blocked off?
The one that sits in the back of the box is the "outside air" filter that pulls air from the hydraulic tank area, this is the one to block off in summer. It's very hot air coming through there.
The filter that sits in the cover of the unit, recirculates air from the cab down by by your feet, this is the one to use in summer. Keep the filter clean as it's a dusty place next to your boots.

The other thing is the design and sealing of the unit. The "blower" fan, looks like it's a "sucker"? With the intake filters the other side of the heater / evaporator, the air gets pulled through the filters, through the cores, through the "fan" (sucker), then up through some vents? So the cores need to be sealed around to the plastic casing, with some foam insulation and tape/glue, so that the air coming through the filters can only go through the cores to get sucked through the fan. As the photos look, air will take the easiest route which is to go scooting around the whole core and barely through it at all.

If you got the picture already from the other guys help, then apologies for being repetitive, but I got the feeling that you might have blocked the wrong filter and not got the importance of the sealed wall the cores need to be in the middle of that box.

Cheers. Hope you get the thing working properly.