• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ac machine

Clayton Dort

Occupation
HDR
I’m curious every time I need to service a ac system on a machine I have to load up my ac machine.
I hate having the machine in the back of my service truck because it’s hard on the machine. Do they make a machine specifically for out in the field to have bounced around in the back of a service truck other than gauges and a scale and such.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Yellow jacket makes a recovery pump. It's just a transfer pump/vacuum pump. It will pull the system to negative pressure and push it into a storage tank. I'm sure other vendors/mfrs make them as well. The only downside is that you have to take recovered refrigerant back to the shop to recover/recycle. So until you have 2 recovery tanks your recovering into one and charging with virgin.
It works, it's efficient but it's a big up front expenditure.