• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

AC Gleanor F2

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
What engines were in these combines? We have one we’re going to scrap possibly. I know nothing about it. Looks to be intact. Is there anything of value on them. It just seem shameful to scrap a piece like that lol. Probably not worth anything. Just putting it out there before we demolish it. Thanks

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Oh it’s definitely diesel I was just wondering if it was an Allis Chalmers engine there’s a lot of wasp around that I didn’t really want to get that close to look lol

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
If a six popper will be the same as my 180, 301ci, if turbocharged likely same as a 190XT or 200 also a 301 or possibly a 426 like a 210/220. Four banger most likely the Perkins/Perkapiller they used in the 170s.

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Sorry my bad. It’s a 4 banger. Idk if it was parked in running condition. It’s been sitting a while I’d say. I can’t see me ever doing anything with it but it’s killing me not to get the engine out if it.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Always worth pulling it, Combines were Hydro drive so will have a large scale Hydraulics system attached!!!

mitch504

Yeah, look at Farm Show Magazine, see all the things people have built out of combine drive trains. That part is usually good, cause they don't run much per year.