• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

AC clutch

Old Doug

I have a toyota tacoma to work on that has a bad ac compresser ciutch bearing. It would be alot easyer to replace the clutch than the whole compreeser and a compresser is around $ 500.00. I dont know the price on the clutch yet. Do many guys replace just the clutch now days? Years ago l replased some clutches but now i just replace whole units. If it was mine i would replace the clutch if the price was right and take my chances on the compresser lasting.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
I have a toyota tacoma to work on that has a bad ac compresser ciutch bearing. It would be alot easyer to replace the clutch than the whole compreeser and a compresser is around $ 500.00. I dont know the price on the clutch yet. Do many guys replace just the clutch now days? Years ago l replased some clutches but now i just replace whole units. If it was mine i would replace the clutch if the price was right and take my chances on the compresser lasting.
I would personally just replace the clutch than the whole compressor, lot less work, cheaper, faster and requires less tools. Clutch should be around $100 or less and comes in a kit.

Jonas302

Lots of times the bearing can be found at parts store or bearing house pretty cheap

Old Doug

I am going to check on a clutch in the morning. That would save several hours work.