• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A40F Transmission Level Check

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Must be truck week for me.

Looked at one of these today and could not find the transmission oil level check. Looked for a sight gauge and a dip stick or anything and nothing to be seen. There was an item in the menu for the tranny level check but it apparently didn't work. I see there is also a drop box in the back of the front frame that I also couldn't find a place to check.

For my own well being, could one of you Volvo guys give a white beard a clue?

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
Hi John, if you flip the battery box lid up the trans dipstick is there next to the washer fluid fill point, See pictures ( I went out in the rain for these:eek: )
The drop box is just a level plug on the front of the box again see the picture ( not in the rain this time)IMG_7360.JPG IMG_7362.JPG IMG_7363.JPG

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Thank you so much for that. When I was checking out the truck, the latch for the battery box cover was broken and would not release so that I could inspect the battery terminals. If it would have opened, the dipstick would have been obvious. The placement and cover over what should be a daily check will go into my bad idea file.
I appreciate your extra effort in providing this info:)

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
To be honest unless you look for it they are that covered in dust and muck that they don't stand out, unless someone is doing their due diligence and checking daily.

Hutto4573

Hi John, if you flip the battery box lid up the trans dipstick is there next to the washer fluid fill point, See pictures ( I went out in the rain for these:eek: )
The drop box is just a level plug on the front of the box again see the picture ( not in the rain this time)View attachment 254927 View attachment 254928 View attachment 254929

Hey, hoping someone on here could me with understanding where I can find the diagnostic port on the A40D, 2007….if it even has one at all?

Many thanks

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
There are two "diagnostic " ports they are located on the bottom of the dash panel on the right hand side of the steering column, might be one either side of the steering column on the 40's, the round port is the service panel port and the oblong port is for the Vcads pro system to plug into