• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A300 Bob Cat

emilbanks

Occupation
Building & Grounds Maintenance
Well I did it and took the plunge sold mt Gehl Skid steer and purchased an A300 Bob Cat awesome machine.
Flick the switch and go from skid steer drive to all wheel drive
Hope the picture takes I never uploaded a picture before.

Just wanted to say this is a great site no bull but lots of facts that is what I like about it
Emil

Attachments

• bobcat 001.jpg
    bobcat 001.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,579

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Well I did it and took the plunge sold mt Gehl Skid steer and purchased an A300 Bob Cat awesome machine.

Your now a fully qualified picture poster :thumbsup so no more excuses show us some more of your new toy.

Its always a great feeling when you have made a good choice, really pleased for you.

Dozer28

Flick the switch and go from skid steer drive to all wheel drive

Just wanted to say this is a great site no bull but lots of facts that is what I like about it
Emil

Looks really nice. What type of finish mower is that if you don't mind me asking?

emilbanks

Occupation
Hi
It's a Bob Cat finishing mower 72 inch Model number 7144850

It does a real nice cut on a lawn or along a trail it is beefy enough to cut thick brush and small saplings.
I have a lot of hiking trails for the girl scouts works perfect keeping those trails down and open.
emil

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
I have always liked the A machines but have wondered about the durability.....but i did price a new one last week still waiting to hear trade in allowance, machine cost etc.

BTW:......that beast is far from a mini skid though haha

pj

JAZZY5

Bobcat piston mount

My Bobcat has a broken mount for the tilt piston. Does anyone make a repair / fix for this besides welding on a new mount?

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Powerjoke ... Don't worry about the durability of the new A-300's ....Mine is an '07 and now has 1500+ hrs on it .. it has seen just about everything already .... temps from +100 down to -45 ( heater works awsome and so does the AC ) ...from super dirty dusty or snowy dusty conditions .... with the extra counter weight I added I've put 5000# up in the air over the cab .... and probably one of the best things is virtually no tire wear on the fronts if you find the right lug you can still make out 12x16.5 ..... LOVE IT .... get one you won't regret it

Attachments

• 072.jpg
    072.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,171

emilbanks

Occupation
Glad to hear there are a few more people out there with the A300s, I have mine now a few months from my first post, it's a beast and runs great, right now im doing lots of snow plowwing from the last storm.
It takes a while to get used to the all wheel drive but I got it down pat now.
very seldom do I put it in skid steer mode
I had trouble at first backing it on a trailer in all steer always swithed to skid mode for that but if you set your speed control very slow backing up the trailer ramps is now doable for me.
Your right on about the heat and air.
For this winter i put a set of chains on the rear tires for traction pushing snow and that works very well.
Take care
Gents

ETB

excav8r

Occupation
Equipment Operator
we've got s185's and t190's but nothing all wheel steer. how does the steering work? is it still 2 joysticks?