• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

a300 aux hydraulics stuck on

chavezequip

hey guys long time lurker new member. ive got a bobcat a300 I just replced the engine in, old one was run without air cleaner:Banghead. any way got the engine installed fired it up and the auger constantly spins, I cannot get it to shut off. if I remove the lines the machine will not even start. is this common, I am pretty sure I have a valve or solenoid stuck but not sure how to diagnose. any help would be appreciated. I am a heavy equipment mechanic by trade and this is for s friend, but never messed with skid steers.

lantraxco

As a guess, either a stuck valve or something got plumbed up wrong during the engine swap if any hoses were disconnected.

As a short term bandaid, get a short jumper hose to connect between the two quick couplers to allow the oil to flow so you can at least run the engine without a twirling auger hanging about.

chavezequip

I did make a jumper hose so they could use it to feed, its on a large cattle ranch, and no hoses were disconnected during engine swap. everything was surprisingly easy to get to for a skid steer, all from rear of machine.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Welcome to HEF chavezequip ……. Depending on your model year but not knowing which machine series you might make it harder to make suggestions …. Mine is an '07 K series ….. and it is a fully factory loaded machine c/w High-flow aux hyd's …….. On the main Valve body (where all of the spools are located) right hand side of the machine more or less in the centre of the front and rear axles ….. If I was to take a look it would be the spool that is switched on by the right hand joy-stick trigger button …. sounds like the spool is stuck open , the motor replacement should have had nothing to do with the current problem …. for a simple check look for a cracked or melted Solenoid …. I just had a solenoid short out that turned on the machines Hyd flow … It was cheaper to buy the complete solenoid/plunger/cap-nut Kit than to buy the coil and plunger separately ….. The cabs are a piece of cake to lift easy access to the hyd's, as you may have found out already …..
Let us know how you make out !!! …. Cheers !!!