• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A25d 2002

john biggins

Hi all
Looking for some advice on possibly the v ecu or the dash ecu on 25 d
Is there any company on Europe rebuilding these or checking them?

I have an issue with fuel gauge on my machine
Sender is checked out and functioning
As well as wiring to it 100%
Any ideas after that would be appreciated
But I think I need someone to look at THe ecu units
J

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
Try sending a PM to member "sfrs4". He seems to be well-connected when it comes to Volvo ADTs.

I've been on from the start with this one, but thanks for the mention @Nige , we've supplied and proved the fuel sender, and the supply to and from the sender.
The problem lies somewhere between the V-ecu and the D-ecu on the Can-bus system, and or the D-ecu itself, John has a very competent Electrician who has already found a few components in the V-ecu that were not functioning correctly and fixed those, but the gauge is still not registering correctly.
To my knowledge Volvo does not have wiring diagrams for the actual ECU's themselves, i am prepared and would be happy to be proved wrong on that.
We have in the past tried a company in the UK to repair a faulty D-ECU but they were unsuccessful and didn't honestly think any of there competitors would stand any better chance of fixing it. So for me my help has run it's course.
We have offered to check Johns V-ecu and D-ecu in a machine, but unfortunately we do not have a compatible Machine in the yard to check it on at the moment. If anyone has any better help or advise, John is a decent fella and would gladly receive assistance. His serial number is 11387 @funwithfuel if you can help any further.