1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

A25C Trans replacement

Discussion in 'Off Road Haul Trucks' started by SlatcoAu, Apr 4, 2022.

1. SlatcoAu

SlatcoAu Well-Known Member

Got my new trans installed over the weekend. Things went well and I was driving around yesterday. I do have a question though. The solenoid for the trans retarder (the one mounted on the transmission). One of the lines comes from the retarder pedal and the other I am not sure where it goes. The line cracked and broke and I don't know where it went previously. Any ideas?

2. SlatcoAu

Pics of re install. THe solenoid I am referring to is the one by the screwdriver in the pic of just the eng/trans

Attached Files:

3. sfrs4

sfrs4 Senior Member

parts admin
    The other one is just an air vent, normally goes up towards the engine bay.

SlatcoAu likes this.
  4. SlatcoAu

Perfect, that is what I thought when I pulled the line and it just kinda fell out.

sfrs4 likes this.
  5. Shivan Dookeran

Shivan Dookeran Well-Known Member

whats the cost of a replacement trans? im on the search for one for of our trucks

6. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    I've heard a new one is about a wheel barrel load, used is about half that.

mg2361 likes this.
  7. SlatcoAu

If you are looking for one I would recommend Centranz ( https://centranz.com/ ). They were awesome to deal with and helped with the process of customs/core return.
    For the A25C it was $13,500USD plus core, plus shipping, plus cleaning or replacing the oil cooler, plus new coolant, engine oil, ATF, plus a whole bunch of other things like hoses that are nearly rubbed through, broken accelerator cables, broken brackets, U joints and whatever else is hidden and then exposed when you pull the eng/trans. I think all in I am around $23,000 (Canadian $).

John C. and James Sorochan like this.
  8. GuzBR123

GuzBR123 Member

Good evening, I would like to know how the a35c pump box is powered. the item Voe180240-4 is contacted where?

9. GuzBR123

GuzBR123 Member

Number 41 IMG-20220414-WA0084.jpeg

10. SlatcoAu

Not sure what info you are looking for exactly. The pump drive that you have pictured is bolted to the rear of the engine and the gears are driven off the crankshaft. The transmission is then bolted to the flex plate. (Item 10 in your diagram above)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    John C. likes this.
  11. SlatcoAu

upload_2022-4-14_15-45-4.png

I think this is #41 you asked about.

John C. likes this.
  12. GuzBR123

GuzBR123 Member

thank you very much, it helped a lot