• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Aaron93

Hey everyone! I hope you all have had a good week. Been wet all week lately so nothing has really been going on.

I just am having an issue with starting my A25C truck after it has sit overnight or a few days. I can see some exhaust smoke coming from it as I turn it over but it wont crank and I usually have to hook jumper cables to it from another machine until it will turn over enough to crank.

Also I would like to know where the best place to buy every manual (owners/operators, maintenance, shop, and parts manual) for this truck. I have seen the mention of rudd. I was just making sure I'm heading in the right direction.

You all helped me tremendously the last time I had transmission issues with this truck. Thanks to everyone that has time to respond it really helps. Regardless, have a great weekend!

Aaron93

Update: Charged both batteries overnight and after a few squirts of ether started up just fine. I’m thinking fueling issue?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Assuming u have a Bosch mechanical inj. pump..
Next time, before starting it.. work the hand primer 5-6 times & see if it doesn't fire right off..
U might have a bleed back problem?? IF it fires up after working the hand primer, its either a week lift pump or over flow valve..
U are holding the pedal to the floor aren't you?? TRY THAT also.

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
not sure of your ambient temp but you have a cold start button on the fuel injection pump governor housing also is your manifold heater working for pre heat
Mark

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
I was going to suggest that too Mark.. but the last time I told a dirt guy that.. he nearly took my head off..{on-site}
He was running about 10-12 of those trucks & "didn't haft pull that GD rod on any ofm".!!! "So either fix the pump "right" or get the hell off of his construction site".!!! Lol Of course I fixed it to where he didn't hafta pull that GD rod.. Lol
I "tried" to explain to this mud brain that> THATS WHAT ITS FOR> STARTING.. but naturally he wasn't having any part of it..