• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A25C hydraulic pressure

Hoganter

Hi All
I have added some remote hydraulics to an a25c water cart.
The specs say that the hydraulic pressure is 2900psi and I need 2500psi min., so all good.
However checked the pump 1 and 2 tests points underneath and I am getting 1500psi.
Have read manual and it says pump 1 and 2 should be at 350psi when idling?
Also machine is turning or articulating by itself on startup, steering wheel turns unmanned, which is not good, especially when loaded on a truck.
The steering is very light when used. I have put new tie rod end on the linkage arm.
Should I reduce pump 1 and 2 pressure to 350psi, but where can I get the 2900psi into the water pump line?
If anyone can assist me in understanding this it would be appreciated.
thanks

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
after speaking to one of my fitters, he said he can remember you can shim the steering valve slide to stop the self steering, this could also be attributing to the pressure reading you have as it will will be to high depending on how out of alignment the valve slide is.

Attachments

• A25C steering valve.pdf
    74.3 KB · Views: 2

Hoganter

Here's a question. Was the problem with the steering there before you added the additional water cart hydraulics.?
Yes, problem was there when I got it. Have not got auxillary remotes connected at the moment. thanks

Hoganter

Found it in the manual -
Machine wanders/selfsteers Control valve not centred - correctly See checking steering valve neutral position and adjusting steering linkage, section 6
The hydraulic pressure changes on demand , so changes when steering used. Pressures easily changed by little screws on the pumps.
The steering valve does not move much at all so yes, "alignment of the valve slide"
cheers

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
Finally made my computer work without sh!ting it's self, the "how to" is attached below

Attachments

• A25c steering valve shiming.pdf
    144.8 KB · Views: 2

Hoganter

Thanks sf, will lift the floor out, give it a de-grease and pressure wash and see if I can shim that valve in situ.
Will also check linkages for slop as it seems quite sensitive to any slack.
Not much room in there to move!
Much appreciated