• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

a "who-you-know industry"

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Compared to mechanics, operators seem a bit overpaid, at least with a lot of companies. It's much easier to get started as a mechanic, you just have to be tolerant of low pay.

I respectively disagree with you Check. Compared to operators, I believe the mechanics are underpaid. They should be at the top of the pay heap and still get the tools provided. I don't believe the operators should get less. The machines don't run for long without you dedicated mechanics.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
When I hired supervision talent I rarely contacted the references that were given me by the applicant. Instead I would look at the projects and owners listed on their resumes, call some of them and ask to talk to the facilities manager. I normally got the real scoop from a real person and was able to determine if the application was being truthful and was going to be credible.