1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

A walk through the local demo contractor's yard

Discussion in 'Demolition' started by skyking1, Jun 10, 2021.

1. 1466IH

1466IH Senior Member

I have installed a few that were all self contained and just plumb into aux lines on boom. Makes it nice for demo contractors that switch attachments a lot. There are no electronic controls or anything and the aux circuit runs a generator built into the top of the magnet.

skyking1 likes this.
  2. skyking1

skyking1 Senior Member

that sounds slick, and really expensive.

3. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    I looked into it a couple of years ago for a client. The mag unit was over $40K in the crate.

4. aighead

aighead Senior Member

The little boy in me (and full grown man I've become) can sit and watch magnetic scrap moving all day. My kid's school is next to a couple scrap yards so I get to peek inside their gates occasionally and get to see it in action. I don't know how long before that job gets boring but I think I'd be tempted to find out. I'm assuming that's not the kind of job they'll offer to some middle-aged dude who has run a backhoe for a bit, in his yard.

5. Jimbo

Jimbo Well-Known Member

If you are able bodied, relatively intelligent, can pass a drug test, and will shop up on time every time, you would probably be surprised who/what they will hire.

6. skyking1

skyking1 Senior Member

^ +1
    In my line of work I can tell in a few hours and sometimes minutes if somebody is cut out for it.

Gary Layton, John C. and CM1995 like this.
  7. aighead

aighead Senior Member

What kind of pay we talking? Maybe I should swing in sometime!

8. skyking1

skyking1 Senior Member