1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

A very bad week......

Discussion in 'Geek Patrol' started by stock, Jul 18, 2009.

1. stock

stock Senior Member

We have moved on and now were lost....
    Just an update after 14 months of grief with the piece of crap laptop the store where I bought it replaced it with a Toshiba l500 satellite. So fair play to them as I was given a full purchase price replacement...

2. lectro88

lectro88 Well-Known Member

master electrician/owner
  3. 2stickbill

2stickbill Senior Member

Sniffin diesel fumes.
    In Houston they stole the copper wire to the towers.

4. stock

stock Senior Member

We have moved on and now were lost....
    Well see as some one else resurrected this thread I can't fault the Toshiba............

5. Bryan1

Bryan1 Active Member

Well as we're off the grid here I decided to build my own computer for less than a grand. The final price came out at $1,195 after I had to get a 512meg graphics card just to run winblows 7.
    The puter spec's
    motherboard Zotac quad core wifi
    CPU i5-750
    ram 4 gig
    HD 2 off 500 gig
    LCD 19" wide screen
    DVD burner
    psu 8-32 volt DC 250 watt with a 350 watt surge

I used my existing mouse, keyboard and puter box. This puter has run now for close to 12 months with no real problems apart from the fact trying to run most 32 bit programs refuse to run after install. The most frustrating thing was as I do electronics my ICD2 won't run on winblows 7 so although I can can program on it, to transfer my program to the pic micro controllers i use a 4 gig usb stick and transfer the hex file over to my 1 gig celery shed puter.

Cheers Bryan

6. dirty4fun

dirty4fun Senior Member

I bought a H P laptop a year ago. It was back to the shop so many times the only way I can keep track is all the bills. Finally HP took it back and rebuilt it, I had asked for a new one. They told me it was to old, three months. I bought a printer at the same time, H P, the computer wouldn't talk to the printer. Finally after four months and many promises they sent me the correct CD to load the drivers. Some days it works, many it doesn't. One thing I will never buy another HP anything, service was rotten, slow, and just plain stinks. Now the key board is acting up, maybe I will make a You Tube video of blowing it apart with a shotgun.