• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A recent job

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Last edited:

AzIron

I feel your pain we had around 2inches this week with probably another coming

crane operator

really like what these jobs do for a guys skill level you spend 2 weeks hanging into some of these slopes digging and there is not a commercial job around that you cant figure out I like the challenge it keeps you sharp unfortunately once in a while you get over confident I almost lost a machine on one of them the pictures really dont do justice on how much to the limit some of them are

Its always surprising how slopes show up in pictures. They really don't look as bad in pictures as they are in person. But if you kind of line up the slopes with foundation lines or other clues in the pictures, you can see how steep they really are.

Your housing sites look similar to many of our lake home sites= front door at ground level, and three stories on the other side of the house 30' away.

AzIron

Its always surprising how slopes show up in pictures. They really don't look as bad in pictures as they are in person. But if you kind of line up the slopes with foundation lines or other clues in the pictures, you can see how steep they really are.

Your housing sites look similar to many of our lake home sites= front door at ground level, and three stories on the other side of the house 30' away.

It's just the high end homes that are this way but it's fun

AzIron

20200319_101233.jpg 20200319_141312.jpg
Spec house dig for Plumbing on the downhill side of a road so we dug up the sewer tap before we dug the house sewer tap was 3 foot higher than finish floor

Plubmerhas to put an ejector pump on the house that's what I have pictures of and it all solid rock so it was a good day
20200320_152421.jpg
I had not posted any pics of the kw with new paint and the new to us lowboy

AzIron

Been doing a lot of commercial concrete 20200410_073601.jpg 20200428_104612.jpg 20200429_072106.jpg 20200429_093957.jpglot of spread footings and the three pics are an elevator pit with 4 speed footings on the corner everyone was a different elevation all ended up being in the same hole 2 there were 7 feet deep had to bench them to not bad for 1 days digging

That job looks like it will keep us busy for at least another month

crane operator

Nice and dry makes for nice square holes. We've been kind of rainy here, all you would make is muddy swirls around the rocks.

petepilot

AzIron

Nice and dry makes for nice square holes. We've been kind of rainy here, all you would make is muddy swirls around the rocks.

Yea the pictures dont show it but that ground is a lot of clay witch is kinda rare here and boy is it claudy once you get through the crust it's not bad but we did some shallow stuff there and the over break on it was terrible

Usually I am in rock or sand with rock and they dont dig so pretty

AzIron

20200502_085118.jpg 20200502_085236.jpg
Nothing is more aggravating than damage done that was at somebody else's hand

Was doing some early Saturday morning iron shuffling when a belly dump merged in front of me on the freeway he was only doing 50 when I was doing 70 and I couldn't move over so I backed off only to figure out he was hauling pea gravel and it was leaking out of the trap onto the road and it blasted my truck

The really painful part is the paint job on this truck is 6 months old and is chipped in 3 spots now the windshield is cratered and it was replaced with the paint and worst of all it ate the windshield of the backhoe

On another note that is the third window in the deeres that I have lost to road debris so I am making a window cover or loading backwards

crane operator

Can't have nothing nice.....

Sorry for your damage. The KW glass shouldn't be too pricy, I think I had one put in for under $100. But I bet that deere glass is $$$.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
That sucks!

It looks like the Deere's glass has a slight curve to it which might make it a dealer item. We have a truck and equip glass shop close to our yard that does great work and match anything flat..

AzIron

The deere window is 600 bucks and I am now getting comfortable doing them lol

Those windows break cause they are curved if they were flat I doubt I would have the problem my dealer has one in stock I know I am not the only one with the problem

AzIron

20200514_084648.jpg 20200515_065240.jpg 20200516_110801.jpg

Was a pretty good week here had a call come in for a canopy footing in solid rock specs said 7 feet deep and it was hard from the word go a friend referred us on this job he started it and threw in the towel with his 1000 lbs hammer we rolled in with 2000lbs hammer still took 2 days to do 3 holes 7 foot deep they were paving the parking lot so no way to get a bigger hammer in for quite a while so the 446 deliver the bacon again

I will say this I have been on harder stuff but with bigger tools that was a job I think we had 18 hours of hammer billed that rock didn't really chunk it just came out like baby powder you couldn't break a chunk off

The last pic is a repair job on a fire line for a sprinkler outfit the transite pipe has been there at least 40 years a tree root lifted it at a coupling made it leak

hvy 1ton

On another note that is the third window in the deeres that I have lost to road debris so I am making a window cover or loading backwards
Your local tarp/canvas shop should be able to make padded windshield covers to order.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Nice - love some UG fire line work. Fire line work is one of my super's forte'.

AzIron

That sprinkler company has some big accounts for service work they do a lot of patch jobs like that good bread and butter they are a friend of mines customer I just get the overflow but its work and nothing pays like weekend repair work