• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A recent job

Mother Deuce

View attachment 174803 View attachment 174804
the top picture has our 2 hammers in it the 1100 pound is laying on the ground and the 2000 pound is on the 446 the bottom picture is dad and the 1100 pound hammer
Is this up in Dynamite ? Just curious was admiring the scenery in your images. I used to ship granite from Hackberry down to Surprise for this outfit in Peoria. Sometimes we used to ship direct to the customer... put a lot of rock into Dynamite and that area.

Last edited:

AzIron

Is this job up in the Dynamite Rd neighborhood?
the first pic is north of dynamite by about 6 miles off of carafree its called desert mountain ranch but most that country all looks the same as far as landscape tho desert mountain takes the cake for most ubseen money spent on houses no one lives in and i mean those houses are huge. everything on dynamite is more normal people custom homes until you drop off the hill to Rio Verde then you find a lot of horse people that have a lot of money tied up in arenas and stables that are nicer than anything i own

the second pic is at silver leaf off of pima and loop 101 its a lot like desert mountain tho its about half the size and the property is a lot more expensive because its right there next to downtown Scottsdale silver leaf is stupid money to the owner of a large national tire chain is building a house there thats over 30,000 square feet under roof

i am just happy they hire us simple folk to do the work

Last edited:

Mother Deuce

I used to crane load decayed granite boulders out of Hackberry for Grand Sprinkler out of Peoria. We occasionally would deliver job direct up that way. Some very impressive residential work up that way. I agree there are folks up there that had money to burn. We did a couple projects with enormous cranes set up in the street to fly boulders into the backyard over the house..

AzIron

I used to crane load decayed granite boulders out of Hackberry for Grand Sprinkler out of Peoria. We occasionally would deliver job direct up that way. Some very impressive residential work up that way. I agree there are folks up there that had money to burn. We did a couple projects with enormous cranes set up in the street to fly boulders into the backyard over the house..

grand sprinkler is still doing that to i know of one house that has over 100 grand in setting landscape boulders start to finish its kind of hilarious when they roll a 100 ton cane up to a job that had a special pad cut for the crane

AzIron

20180518_125951.jpg 20180516_114335.jpg 20180510_123801.jpg broke out a hammer on this job after 2 weeks of moving dirt also brought in another excavator to keep the hammer moving and keep loading trucks there is only about 10 feet of rock to hammer out to get down to grade so that will be at least 2 more weeks nothing like 2 months of dirt work for a house

Last edited:

AzIron

20180620_101259.jpg 2174.jpeg had as little fun this week was pretty cool to go see that machine get built

I would have more pictures but they frown upon pictures in the factory

AzIron

The 310 sl hl is one mean backhoe I am really impressed with the performance

I have to admit I thought it would be more of a dog and pony show but you can look at literally anything you want on the line and ask anything you want the people are really friendly and seem like they genuinely care

d9gdon

I guess that HL means High Lift because it looks like the bucket is ahead of the front tires farther than normal.

I wondered why you didn't get a 410 for that hammer, but I guess if you need a big hammer then you just use your excavator.

AzIron

The hl stands for heavy lift that 310 has a 410 pump and hp but it's a 310 size it's a little heavier than a normal 310 and has a lot more muscle and it's really fast compared to a 310 sl it's not as bulky as a 410. I have tried 410s there slow and they are just not nimble enough to get into places.

As far as hammering goes I see your logic on a 410 for weight but on the other side of that the 310 hp is almost 18000 pounds a 410 doesn't have much more and the hl is about 2000 pounds heavier than the old 416s we run so it's a good fit for the 1100 pound hammers

Usually if we have to hammer more than a few hours we bring out the 446 with the 2000lbs hammer I gave the small hammers for convenience more than anything most of the time I don't get more than my 2 hour minimum for hammering because it's just hard enough you can't dig

AzIron

20180626_053756.jpg 20180626_053817.jpg 20180626_060040.jpg 20180626_072040.jpg
well this was definitely a good one asu has been remodoling there stadium for the last 2 years in between football season this job has been a cluster aperantly there was a last minute design change on this wall that never made it to the concrete form crew so the wall had to come down.

tricky part was all that concrete was poured on friday and the other 2 walls couldn't get damaged. that is the most fine surgery i have ever done with a hammer between bad angles and only one outriger on the ground plus the front bucket was on concrete and had no real bite and getting to set up with low clearance and i had to jump around the pillar GOOD FUN CHALLENGE

Last edited:

AzIron

Well that one has not come in yet and it will be dads machine

My machine I got 3 months ago for the most part i am pretty satisfied

Performance wise there is nothing I have run that's new that will beat it. I think it performs better than a cat especially in your hands deere is full pilot controls cat is all electric hydralic you can't feel small things with cat when your digging

The only real gripe I have is deers cab layout need a lot of help

Jakebreak

Occupation
operator/pipelayer/mechanic
Well that one has not come in yet and it will be dads machine

My machine I got 3 months ago for the most part i am pretty satisfied

Performance wise there is nothing I have run that's new that will beat it. I think it performs better than a cat especially in your hands deere is full pilot controls cat is all electric hydralic you can't feel small things with cat when your digging

The only real gripe I have is deers cab layout need a lot of help
The few times I ran a Deere I didn’t care for it it was underpowered I didn’t like the cab I still can’t get over why they put the fuel tank on the opposite side of the tractor when everything else is on the left. Those cats definitely have a different feel to them that’s all we run as a company at least your busy we’re hooked up running 6 days a week have a great 4th of July

AzIron

Glad your busy

Deere makes 4 versions of a 310 all have a different pump in them so if you run one from a rental company like sunbelt they are really slow and somewhat under powered I bought an hl so it has a load sensing variable pump

AzIron

20180703_115031.jpg 20180703_114940.jpg 20180703_114931.jpg 20180703_114850.jpg

another custom house with 4 foot wide retaining wall footings only 3 steps should be a piece of cake right lol

so the pad company over excavated the pad to past bottom of footing on the up hill side except they were 6 inches shallow and they missed the envolope of the house by 4 foot in places then were they did fill back they used really nice material but didnt get much compaction on it so that material wouldnt hold shape on the edge of the ditch.

with all the corners that were missed it added on to our job of digging the footings by quite a bit when you dig rock out that is 2 foot minus it takes time to find dirt to fill the low spots but we call that job security so it really doesnt matter. the owner of the concrete company already asked me to track all the extra work separate so he can charge the builder for it.

the part that really sucks it all the rocks we dig up they take to the fill side and bury them witch means we will be digging them up when the plumbing gets done. i dig for the plumber i already called him and told him to take pictures of what they are covering up so he can go t and m on the digging cause i bet it will take twice as long. i am really not complaining i am going to make a lot more money cause of the builder and pad guys incompetence.

Last edited:

AzIron

20180920_135026.jpg

You ever have those moments where it makes no sense how things still work but you just thank God nothing happened yea had one a while back

I had no idea that inside dual was like that I needed to change tires on the lowboy cause 5 were getting ify so I figured to change all 8 pulled the first set I came to found this and went crap
Found another rim for 80 bucks

AzIron

Got rock?20180810_095345.jpg 20180810_084813.jpg
20180810_095345.jpg 20180810_084813.jpg 20180728_073311.jpg
Then the next morning about 20 minutes in I broke a shank boy that makes for a long day

AzIron

So I think this is the first house I have ever dug were the sewer tap was inside the house20181024_113111.jpg
Got some remodel action to these jobs usually turn into a major test in frustration but they pay good cause no one wants to do them for obvious reasons I somehow lost the pics I had of the mini ex digging inside the house20181119_093155.jpg 20181119_093132.jpg