• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A REAL Tractor Pull

wilko

Not that it would have changed anything, but the draw bar on the traction engine was higher, so it was unweighting the back of the Deere.

hvy 1ton

I noticed the same thing, but as torquey as those traction engines are i don't think it would have mattered.

ValleyFirewood

The steam tractor outweighs the Deere by "just a little".
It about equivalent of playing tug of war between a person and a truck!

JDOFMEMI

Not a fair fight at all. The old timer outweighs the Deere by at least double, IMHO, plus the drawbar was angled giving further advantage to the old timer. If the Deere was weighted to equal, and the drawbar level, it might have been a fight.

Randy88

The only thing that shocked me was the deere even backed up the steam engine in the first place thinking it had a chance.

wilko

I'm guessing that the steamer was just toying with the Deere a bit, letting him think he had a chance, before crushing him like a bug.

willd8r

Occupation
dozer operator Cat D11R
I have never laughed so much. steam tractor may be 5 hp.John Deere 300?The Deere John driver would have go away and hide.lol.Any one seen the video of the Dobel steam car.

Jnielsen

Occupation
Mechanic at Pfahls mack and antique truck restorat
Awesome video