1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

A real Mans Grader

Discussion in 'Old Iron!' started by Hank R, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Hank R

Hank R Senior Member

Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
    This gem was at Armstrong tractor Steam event last weekend.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mike Van

Mike Van Well-Known Member

Hank, thats some load of logs on that Kenworth in your album - That'd tear a few house services down around here!

3. Hank R

Hank R Senior Member

Thanks Mike, I post 98% of my pictures in Forestry and they come up correct. Saunders Hauling, Friell Lake logging and Pacific Logging trucks great pictures there.

HankR

4. FSERVICE

FSERVICE Senior Member

hank do you have any service truck pics? I have started collecting for my own use. seems like im the only person that likes the old service trucks.. even when they started out using the cars that had jib poles out of the trunk..LOL how things have changed in the last 80 years!! BTW you have some great pics ;)

5. Hank R

Hank R Senior Member

I may have a couple, not sure just thinking maybe a 1948 Fargo comes to mind, If I do I can send to you.

6. Hank R

Hank R Senior Member

The only one I could find is this 1949 Fargo, service truck with winch and Gin poles, note out riggers at rear of truck.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  7. Deere500a

Deere500a Well-Known Member

I've seen a simler Cat version,looked to be from the 30's. Any idea of the maker of the crawler? All around it's a neat era for add on attachments for the tractors of that time.

8. mitch504

mitch504 Senior Member

That body is surprisingly modern looking, thanks, Hank

No, FService, you are not alone, I wish you'd start a thread to show off your collection.

9. FSERVICE

FSERVICE Senior Member

Thanks Hank that's a very cool looking old truck there. I didn't have a pic of a Fargo truck.

10. Hank R

Hank R Senior Member

Here in Canada Dodge and Fargo are all most the same, like Chev and GNC.

11. Tugger

Tugger Well-Known Member

I remember Canfor at beaver Cove on Vancouver Island had these dodge power wagons for welding trucks.Old narrow hood units with Lincoln welders that had been converted from electric to gas drive ,with a steel roof on 4 posts built over it.The welder took up the whole back end of the truck,along with a set of torches and a grinder .That was a welding truck of the day,primitive but bullet proof.Antone remember these or have pictures?