• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A real Mans Grader

Mike Van

Hank, thats some load of logs on that Kenworth in your album - That'd tear a few house services down around here!

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
Thanks Mike, I post 98% of my pictures in Forestry and they come up correct. Saunders Hauling, Friell Lake logging and Pacific Logging trucks great pictures there.

HankR

FSERVICE

hank do you have any service truck pics? I have started collecting for my own use. seems like im the only person that likes the old service trucks.. even when they started out using the cars that had jib poles out of the trunk..LOL how things have changed in the last 80 years!! BTW you have some great pics ;)

Hank R

Occupation
hank do you have any service truck pics? I have started collecting for my own use. seems like im the only person that likes the old service trucks.. even when they started out using the cars that had jib poles out of the trunk..LOL how things have changed in the last 80 years!! BTW you have some great pics ;)
I may have a couple, not sure just thinking maybe a 1948 Fargo comes to mind, If I do I can send to you.

Hank R

Occupation
The only one I could find is this 1949 Fargo, service truck with winch and Gin poles, note out riggers at rear of truck.

Last edited:

Deere500a

I've seen a simler Cat version,looked to be from the 30's. Any idea of the maker of the crawler? All around it's a neat era for add on attachments for the tractors of that time.

mitch504

The only one I could find is this 1949 Fargo, service truck with winch and Gin poles, note out riggers at rear of truck.
That body is surprisingly modern looking, thanks, Hank

No, FService, you are not alone, I wish you'd start a thread to show off your collection.

FSERVICE

Thanks Hank that's a very cool looking old truck there. I didn't have a pic of a Fargo truck.

Tugger

I remember Canfor at beaver Cove on Vancouver Island had these dodge power wagons for welding trucks.Old narrow hood units with Lincoln welders that had been converted from electric to gas drive ,with a steel roof on 4 posts built over it.The welder took up the whole back end of the truck,along with a set of torches and a grinder .That was a welding truck of the day,primitive but bullet proof.Antone remember these or have pictures?