1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

A near miss or two............

Discussion in 'Safety Issues' started by stock, Aug 19, 2011.

1. stock

stock Senior Member

We have moved on and now were lost....
  2. digger242j

digger242j Administrator

Self employed excavator
    I have to think some safety protocols were being violated there. But, uh, yeah. He's a pretty lucky guy... :eek:

3. willie59

willie59 Super Moderator

Service Manager
    Wow, he shoulda went straight out and bought a lottery ticket. :eek:

4. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    Kinda looks like an old Buster Keaton movie to me.

5. mitch504

mitch504 Senior Member

Now we know why 95ZIV hasn't been around lately; he's off meditating, trying to get his heart rate below 250. :D

6. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    I bet that guy won't go onto the tracks again without a train schedule.:cool2

7. mitch504

mitch504 Senior Member

I showed it to my wife, and she said: "Boy, I'm glad I don't wash his underwear".

8. Randy88

Randy88 Senior Member

Makes you wonder who he upset to be sent out there at that particular moment in time. I also wonder if the one behind the controls in the lead engines ducked as they saw him start to jump out of the way.

9. oldtanker

oldtanker Senior Member

Ret
    We laugh at things like that when no one is injured but it really isn't that funny when you think about it. We had a soldier in my unit in Germany killed in the early 90's by a high speed train while playing chicken on the tracks with some of his friends. Alcohol and 200 MPH trains don't mix well. At least that guy in the vid had his wits about him.

And yea someone needs to see why that guy was out there when those trains were running through like that.

Rick

10. tedtirao71

tedtirao71 Member

Health Safety Environment (HSE) Engineer
    i have seen this vid somewhere else... i thought it was a part of a movie or just an edited/not real video... and since it is a real one, he is lucky... nearmiss? a-100%..... i am pretty sure there are protocols when it comes to these inspections... the guy just totally didnt follow any....

11. olezy

olezy New Member

Heavy Equipment Operator
    Wife says-Soo how was work today hun? Guy says-Well lets just say my underwear are gonna be stuck to my a** for the next week... I ALMOST GOT HIT BY THREE TRAINS!

12. coorecat

coorecat Well-Known Member

If this is real that is one of the luckiest guys in the world!

13. robin yates uk

robin yates uk Senior Member

I have done some railway work in the UK. The track restrictions have to be complied with. Excavators must be clear of the line by 20 metres and clear of the track 15 minutes before a highspeed train is due.Makes for a very easy working day,,:notworthy