• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A man, a grader, the chronicle

55.5° N 770A

Hey every one, thank you for letting me join the fun of heavy equip chat.
I manage/ maintain a northern Canadian drive to hunting & fishing lodge, where our access road is serviced by my self equipped with an older 770A Jd motor grader , im having issues with the blade slide cylinder and what I belive is worn V blocks allowing the cylinder to contact the fittings to the blade chassis and has knocked out the threads? Is there any form on mounting bolt on the cylinder that can be shimmed as the pins have been welded to the blade on the working ( blade end ) and removal at this point means removing the entire blade to access the cylinder and schematic pics or sage wisdom would be appreciated,
Tyvm from the great white north
Jeff

Welder Dave

Welcome to the forum! Can you post a couple more times so you'll be able hopefully post some pics. of what you're dealing with?

Delmer

Yes, post two more times and you can post a picture of the problem. Some grader guy might understand just what you're asking, but I don't get much of it. If the hydraulic fittings on the cylinder are the threads that are knocked off, then I can help with that. A picture would help immensely.

westerner

JD brass is located differently than the Cat stuff of that vintage. A wear part, readily available and not difficult to replace. If it has been gone long enough to get into the board, then the situation gains additional import:rolleyes:

Reactions: DB2