• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A Frame logging 1988

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
That's impressive stuff. I've seen plenty of the scars on the hills in south east Alaska and talked with people who worked the A frames. When I was traveling up there, everything was roads and trucking. Pretty much like Washington and Oregon then.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Did they pull the cold decker up the hill with the A frame? I've seen video of yarders on skids pulling themselves through the woods to the next spar. I can't image a diesel engine being able to run on that steep of incline.

Former Wrench

Occupation
Retired
Did they pull the cold decker up the hill with the A frame? I've seen video of yarders on skids pulling themselves through the woods to the next spar. I can't image a diesel engine being able to run on that steep of incline.
I thought the same. Maybe with a dry sump.

Tugger2

Theres a video on Face Book if you go there .Marble Cove Logging. It shows a Donkey making its way up some pretty extreme ground. They way its smoking i think they just poured more oil into it and went for it.At one point it looked like it was going to flip on the operators side,no cab just lever in the open.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
I was hoping to see the
Persephonetug.jpg