• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A foreign crane

Yugen

Can somebody help me out with a problem?
I want to buy a brand new crane from South Korea. This brand (Dinex) was never imported in the US before. It meets ISO standards, but the manufacturer has no idea about ASME ANSI standards. Does anybody know are these standards compatible? If not, what I can do to find out if it meets ASME ANSI standart before I buy it? I don't want to find myself in a situation when I spent money and time to bring crane from abroad and can't work on it because it could not meet US standards. Does anybody can give me an idea of how I can solve this problem? :Banghead

Thank you.

Dualie

they are not, cranes need to meet ASME B30.5 plus US EPA emissions standards. You can solve this problem by buying a crane from a reputable manufacturer that meets these standards