1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A few projects I have done recently

Discussion in 'Showtime!' started by CM1995, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Raildudes dad

Raildudes dad Senior Member

I forgot, any new site work on an existing developed site will eliminate any grandfathering. Right now a property owner can request a variance from the current regs. Most are granted if a documented attempt is made to reduce / retain the runoff. Our city engineer (I'm on the planning commission) has been sounding the warning for several years but to pretty much deaf ears. There will be vacant parcels that an owner won't be able to do anything except farm. That bring up another rediculous situation. The owner can farm, disc up the topsoil / clay to raw ground and plant corn. The runoff from the raw farm field is far greater and far quicker than a developed, engineered runoff system and that can happen every year.

CM1995 likes this.
  2. AzIron

AzIron Senior Member

Around here its detention tanks under ground big 12 foot diameter pipe with ends and they are tied into dry wells most any place cannot release water onto a street so it has to get contained

So there are a lot of dry weels around here

3. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    Just curious AZ what is the average rainfall in your area?

Here it's around 5' per year.

4. AzIron

AzIron Senior Member

10 to 12 inches on a rare year its 14 but we can get 7 of those inches in January and February like this year and we have not hardly seen any where in the valley over an inch of accumulated since March

Usually we toad drowners its half to three quarters inch in under 30 minutes the ground gets so dry it wont take water till it sucks in and opens up hence the dry wells

CM1995 likes this.
  5. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton Senior Member

How much rain have you got this year CM? I'm at 69.77" since I installed this weather station last August and I know it missed a significant amount of blowing snow. Average year is somewhere around 44".
    [​IMG]

This is what happened to the Wakarusa after 10.25" in 12 hours(Wednesday night/Thursday morning). 300' of bank slid into the river and made the flooding even worse. Took this picture Friday afternoon after the river had come down enough I was pretty sure the bridge wasn't going to float away.
    [​IMG]