1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A few projects I have done recently

Discussion in 'Showtime!' started by CM1995, Mar 15, 2012.

1. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    Thank you TD. Beauregard is just south of Auburn, AL located along I-85 near the AL/GA border. The city of Auburn is the home of Auburn University, my alma mater. Although the devastation and loss of life was horrific for Bearegard, I shudder to think how many lives would've been lost if the tornado's would've been just a few miles north..

The project I posted pics of above is about 1:15 HR north of Auburn on HWY 280 in Childersburg.

Stay safe out there folks who are in tornado prone areas.

td25c likes this.
  2. td25c

td25c Senior Member

LOL ! I like the nickname .:D

[​IMG]

CM1995 likes this.
  3. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

I'm Gumby dammit!:D

td25c likes this.
  4. willie59

willie59 Super Moderator

Service Manager
    A lot of folks have the impression tornado's are mostly a summer thing. Not so. Here down south, especially the most southern states, Alabama included, it actually begins at the end of winter, February and March are precarious months for sure. This is because cold snaps that sweep down from the north are still common during these months, but then one day a warm mass will sweep in from the gulf and meet up with that colder air that's in place. Before you can sneeze there's a "nader" on the ground, and a powerful one at that. The opposite will happen as well, we'll have a warm spell here and a cold front will sweep in from the north, get's a little crazy then as well.

CM1995 likes this.
  5. ScottAR

ScottAR Senior Member

Saturday's high is supposed to be 70 which is really warm for here this early in March.
    Warm winter days make me nervous.

6. willie59

willie59 Super Moderator

Service Manager
    "Comes in like a lion" has special meaning down here.

ScottAR likes this.
  7. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Scott ya'll be careful today, Arkansas is in the danger zone.

ScottAR likes this.
  8. ScottAR

ScottAR Senior Member

We got some rain and a bit of wind but nothing serious. We really needed the rain too. Got so dry I could almost walk on the lawn without sinking in. o_O

CM1995 likes this.
  9. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

So I spent some hard earned money on leveling The Silver Bullet and adding some 35 12.5 18's BFG K2's. It's been a long time since I've been able to spruce a truck up for just the fun of it..

The proportion of tire to truck came out exactly like I wanted it.

R5L1f7EuRtyNyUHHMx3RMQ.jpg
    The 50K SF warehouse expansion we did back in the summer and finished in the late fall. Grass is coming along nicely and we're close to pulling silt fence, closing out the NPDES permit and getting retainage.

Front of the building towards the parking lot.

963DMOJ3TIiUgDKGOjKtNQ.jpg
    Side view. I had our erosion control sub hit those bare spots last week.

5feyQoFfQk207jZX0JJluA.jpg

10. Ronsii

Ronsii Senior Member

s/e Heavy equipment operator
    Looks good!!!! Both the Silver Bullet and the warehouse.

CM1995 likes this.
  11. Metalman 55

Metalman 55 Senior Member

Nice looking truck there!

td25c and CM1995 like this.
  12. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Got lucky enough this week to be able to take a break from the phone, laptop, emails - (because the mail never stops Jerry, it just keeps coming and coming), excel spreadsheets, RFI's, RFP's, lien waivers, pay applications, contracts, estimates, schedule projections and all that other paper work BS.

So I jumped in the 325FL and ripped out a few parking lot islands and some side walk for a new tire store going into an old golf ware store.

That's not my S250 it's the interior demo contractor's. We're doing some horse trading on some remaining concrete slab haul off - he had about a load left he couldn't put in his two dumpsters due to weight and I had some bushes to get rid of that I didn't want to haul to my dump.

So we traded horses - I put my bushes in his dumpster and I'll haul off his last load of concrete. The S250 helping clean up was a bonus.

zj0GVXhHQDaIEZtNPgMpag.jpg

The retail construction market has been good to us whether it's a restaurant, clothing store, pharmacy or tire store. The location can be a pain sometimes logistics wise but the compensation is there.

Right up in the middle of retail land.

5zdx2lcVRg+T0NxO3+N42w.jpg

td25c and dirty4fun like this.
  13. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Thank you Metalman!

Thank you Ronsii!

Guys it's been a long time since I had some extra $ to spend on sprucing up a truck beyond just putting a fuel tank and a tool box on it... It's nice.

14. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Started this small 70x70 building pad for a metal building at a local CMU manufacturing plant about 5 mins away from our yard.

The site is a former quarry that has been filled in over the years with overburden and concrete washout. There is an unknown depth of concrete washout where they will erecting the building. We were hired to hammer out 2-3' of concrete and haul in structural fill to give a minimum 3' cushion between the building footings/slab and the concrete.

Rented a 200 Deere with Stanley hammer from UR. It is a nice unit and the Deere has held up well with 6K rental hours on the clock and a hammer hanging on it. Also on the job is our 325FL and 953C.

TbZFLanFQFG%WsWL2Ec+Qg.jpg

We are disposing of the excavated concrete on site, so the 953 shines again. Actually we suggested to the plant manager we build out the rear of the building as it drops off down to the block staging area. We place a couple 100 CY's and pushed the pad out so they will be able to drive around the new building and have some storage area.

CSpwo211R6CfKNHOZFNR9Q.jpg
    I bid this job expecting hard concrete to hammer with the possibility of all sorts of boggers buried that we would have to remove. Luckily the concrete washout was very brittle and no boogers. I estimated a week of hammering and removal. These pics are 2 days of work and the crew is close to sub-grade. This one is a money maker.

QQseKfrnQSy9nbNphrUcxg.jpg
    A friend of mine sent me this pic. This motorcycle is at the Barbers Motorsports Museum in Birmingham. This the largest collection of motorcycles in the world.

Links if anyone is interested:
    https://www.barbermuseum.org/
    https://barberracingevents.com/

Interesting custom build no doubt.

57619249520__0E9AD3D6-8521-44FA-B0D4-C4DED7A922F0.jpeg

td25c and Wytruckwrench like this.
  15. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton Senior Member

One of my childhood friends was there last fall and sent me a pic of the same bike.

td25c and CM1995 like this.
  16. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

17. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Back at the block plant - getting down to sub-grade on the back 1/2 of the pad. The engineer wanted a 3' separation of engineered fill between the building slab and the concrete washout.

This was last Friday April 12th.
    YApaqW7mQl6YosaCk50hYQ.jpg
    A week later and around 1000 yards hauled in and they have a building pad.

Pic 3.jpg
    Brought the laser box blade in on the 279 and slicked the grade out. One man was able to grade over 5000 SF on grade to within 1/2" tolerance in 2 hours.

It's one hell of a tool..:cool:

Pad 1.jpg

And this happened Tuesday. I was acting as a half-ass fill-in operator on a sewer project we are finishing up. Everything was going fine and we were getting a lot of trench backfilled and compacted when a track pin broke on our 321DLCR. I was running the 321..

Our Cat dealer went to bat for us and had a new link and pin pressed back in by noon Thursday - we didn't get them the track until Wed morning. We had it back up and running yesterday.

Our PSR asked the track shop to expedite the repair as we have a "hot job" that needed be completed and the track shop foreman did such. More to the discussion that support from the dealer is more important than the brand. :cool:

d5Cc7RN2Suy+WHCsJvnYAw.jpg