• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A/C System has no power

Gchartrand

I have a 2015 CAT 259D. The AC system wasn't working, so I got an my local ac guy to take a look at it. The pressure was good and so was the condenser. he noticed the machine had a frayed power (red) wire on the clutch side. There was still no power to the compressor. The fuse was not blown, but there is power going to the fuse. How do I check to see if there is a wiring harness issue in between the fuse and the compressor? Also, is there a circuit breaker that i'm not aware of?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Model year means nothing with Yellow Iron. There are 9 different models of 259D to choose from. Post a Serial Number. I'll send you the electrical schematic.
A comment. The only way to accurately check refrigerant charge in an A/C system is to do a complete evac of the system then charge again using scales to measure the amount of refrigerant used. If your "local ac guy" is anything like up to speed he ought to know that.

Last edited:

BigWrench55

Power comes from a low pressure switch that is located on the suction line near the compressor. It's to protect the compressor should you lose freon. Sometimes the pressure switch is located on the receiver dryer. Do your condenser fans com on?