• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

988H AZ. to MI.

Exact Express

There sending Me out next week to Phoenix to load a 988H minus the bucket. I'll be using our big beam trailer with a five axle group and a tri-axle tractor. New Mexico wont let us go through, so there saying I,ll be going up though Flagstaff, into Utah ,up to I-80 and east from there. Some of my worries are my little 100 gal fuel tank and a height of 14' -14'-2". I also assume it gets pretty "lumpy" out that way, what kind of grades can I expect out there?

amtronic

Go out the path you will be taking back. Put sticks on the trailer so you know when you have clearance problems.

dozerdan

988 az-mi

Utah is not bad at all, I-80 through WYO does have some grade changes, but almost no traffic to speak of. There are tunnels at green river, so know your dimensions, and take it easy coming back down into Laramie and Cheyenne as there are some long downhill stretches. WYO has some desolate stretches, so use your better judgment on how low you let the fuel gauge go, but 100 gallons spaced out right should should be no problem. Remember, its Wyoming!! in May!! so it could be 100 degrees, -4 and blizzard conditions or both! especially in the higher elevations. Nebraska and Iowa are pretty uneventful. That sounds like a nice run to go on, enjoy.

rigandig

Also, Check ahead, but if memory serves me, 14' High is legal ht in Az, Ut, and Wyo. Even so, due diligence is called for on anything over height, anywhere.

Exact Express

No, Az. would not give us a permit with our axle configuration. ATS is doing the move. I don't mind moving that size stuff around here, but that would have been a long ride. I brought back a 988f from out there last fall, tires off, belly on the deck of a lowboy, that took a week with two miner break downs and permit issues.

Exact Express

tri-axle tractor with a group of five on a beam. I am adding a pic of the truck and trailer with four axles. Sorry, it's not as pretty your pics, but it was taken in January in Michigan.

Attachments

• 100_1143_01.jpg
    100_1143_01.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 606