• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

98 yanmar B50-2

KBall

I just got a 1998 Yanmar B50-2, promptly got it stuck in mud and blew a final drive hose. I replaced all the hoses in the finals and replaced the oil with 46 hydro fluid, now I noticed the fluid is getting hot. Then I checked my service manual and it recommend 20w or 15w40 diesel engine oil for the hydro fluid. Does that sound right?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day KBall
My muti operators manual states 46 Hydraulic oil may be you have a printing error.
Kind regards
Uffex

upload_2021-1-16_9-23-27.pngupload_2021-1-16_9-23-27.jpeg

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day KB
I suggest you take a close look at the cooling system - Matrix - Fan - Cowling be sure this is not just a coincidence. I cannot see any connection to the 46 fluid and overheating unless you have excessive foaming.
Kind regards
UffexI