• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

966D-washer bottle?

curly

Occupation
loader operator
Currently using a 966D and I just can't find the damn washer bottle! I've checked the eng comp, under the cab and in the cab to no avail. The cab has some old rock damage at the front bottom where it looks like one got stuck while the operator turned.

992G

The washer bottle should be under the seat. If you move the seat all the way back while you are sitting in it, look down in the front, you should see a rubber plug that is in the plate where the suspension part of the seat is bolted to. That should be it, also that is were the washer motors are, if someone has not removed them.

992G

From the outside, look down from the right side cab window. You will see a panel that has a bunch of 1/4" bolts holding it on. While you are looking at the panel go the the left side of it. About halfway up you should see a cap, that should be the bottle for the washer fluid.

curly

Occupation
loader operator
Well I looked and no dice, talked with the guy that came with the company and he said most of the old loaders haven't that nonsense for years.

992G

Here is a picture from the service manual for a 966D 99Y series. I am not sure, but this could have been an option for the 966D model.

Attachments

• sebu5764c00036.jpg
    sebu5764c00036.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 264

curly

Occupation
loader operator
I wonder if there was a difference with the Z model? Just the same all I saw was dust and broken heater vents.