• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

966b water pump

John Sarappa

Hi guys, I have a 966b loader that needs a water pump.Cat dealer can’t get it. I can’t find anything aftermarket. Any suggestions. By the way way it runs like a bear!43038A5D-616A-47A5-AD8F-D90F3E656F95.jpeg

Jonas302

Do you have a parts book by chance or have the cat dealer give you the part # then google that there are aftermarket ones out there 3306 engine probably?

Shes to old to pull up in SIS to find your part #

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Do you have a parts book by chance or have the cat dealer give you the part # then google that there are aftermarket ones out there 3306 engine probably?

Shes to old to pull up in SIS to find your part #
If no one local can help you could try these people:

S & S Tractor Parts Inc
2500 Station Lane
Marcellus, NY 13108
[URL='https://www.yellowpages.com/listings/469682190/directions']Monday- Fri: 7:00 am - 4:30 pm

(315) 673-1075

Last I knew they were still in business, they were started by former Cat dealer people. They are just a few miles over the hill from my house, Ask for Mark in parts.[/URL]

John Sarappa

Thanks guys the part number cat gave me is 2s-4203 hopefully that means something to someone.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
the part number cat gave me is 2s-4203 hopefully that means something to someone.
It appears as though the number is correct. Listed for machines with S/N 75A1126-Up.
But right there is the kicker. It is listed as "Separate Parts" in other words it is not sold as a complete assembled pump. That could explain why you are drawing a blank with prospective suppliers.

upload_2022-3-5_19-34-29.png
upload_2022-3-5_19-30-42.png
Below is the parts breakdown. No illustration unfortunately.
upload_2022-3-5_19-36-42.png
upload_2022-3-5_19-37-36.png

ahart

I think this is one of those water pumps that isn’t intended to be replaced but rebuilt. Briefly skimming through niges supplied parts list, seems like most pieces are available as far as a shaft and seals. I think this may be a diagram of the pump, could also be completely useless. It’s old so it’s a crapshoot.
83A7C9F9-D2EB-4F10-A362-35A5639367D4.png

John Sarappa

I guess this machine is going to the exporter, I can change most parts but don’t know how to rebuild a water pump. I know it is just some seals and bearing/ bushing

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I guess this machine is going to the exporter, I can change most parts but don’t know how to rebuild a water pump. I know it is just some seals and bearing/ bushing
Dang that would be an easy one if it's like the picture ahart posted! Taking it off and putting it back on might be the most time of the job.

John Sarappa

This machine got put on the back burner for a few months. I decided to take the pump off and take it apart. The seals and bearings were trashed. I know in the 30 years we owned it the water pump was never greased. Going to Cat this morning to see if they can get the parts. Looks like they are available online and relatively inexpensive. Thanks for the pics and parts list!

John Sarappa

Pump is rebuilt and running like a bear again! Waiting on the parts book that Nige recommended to buy for a few other items! Thanks again!