1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

966 F brake replacement

Discussion in 'Wheel Loaders' started by Jonas302, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Jonas302

Jonas302 Senior Member

966f ser 4yg00660 Need to put brake pads seals ect in front end does anyone have service manual information or tips for this job any special tools required?
    Thanks in advance
    Jonas

2. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
    It's late so to make this brief you do know that model has the inboard brakes right?

First step to work on the brakes is to remove axle from loader then split the ends of axles off the differential housing!

3. Jonas302

Jonas302 Senior Member

Thanks for the reply Yes I knew it had inboards I was afraid that axle removal was the the first move trying to think of the best way to get blocked up and out of there will have to look at more in the morning

4. Mobiltech

Mobiltech Senior Member

Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
    First remove the 2 long bleed screws in the top of the axle so you don't break them off. Block the machine on the front frame behind the axle where it is close to the ground. You can lift it with the bucket. Then remove the wheels and drop the axle down and out one side. The other method is to leave the tires on and roll it out the front but I find it easier to get rid of the wheels first.

5. Nige

Nige Senior Member

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
    If you want an extract from the Service Manual for the R&I of the front axle and the D&A procedure for the brakes send me a PM with your email address.

6. Rajbir Lorriet

Rajbir Lorriet Active Member

Manager
    I also want the service manual for this. Can you provide me this?

7. Nige

Nige Senior Member

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
    I wasn't offering the OP a complete Service Manual, just the pages referring to the procedure to disassemble and reassemble the brakes. For a complete Service Manual in paper form you need to be looking at somewhere like eBay.

Here's an example ........ http://www.ebay.com/itm/Caterpillar...vice-Manual-/311421964643?hash=item4882321163
    or this one ............ http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAT-Caterpi...vice-Manual-/380720551153?hash=item58a4b694f1