• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

963C Problem

Renfroe Grading

I have a 963C that all of a sudden locked down on the right side and stall the engine. Now it will not allow the engine to crank because it is in a stall. Any ideas?

lgammon

no idea on that machine but on our 312 a few years ago. the snuffer in the end of a cylinder came apart and sucked little pieces of metal through the valve and hung it wide open. stick stuck straight out and i guess the bypass opened so it stayed running, it kind of alarmed me so i turned it off to take a look and it would not crank with the valve open. so maybe something along these lines. wish i could help more

overworked

Have any luck yet ? If one side locked up and stalled engine then you probly siezed the pump for that side, they are driven by a common gear box. The pumps share the same oil as the hyd on c models.

dtt454

Occupation
heavy equpment repair
cut open the case drain filter and see if there is metal in there. thats the short fat filter, not the long skinny one.
if it has metal in there your pump has came apart.

dtt454

Occupation
heavy equpment repair
unless its a series II machine, then it has 2 case drain filters.... then you just cut the one open for the side thats acting up.