• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

963 occasionally slows travel

tnc110

21z 963. New engine. Machine sat for 3 years wile dead beat mechanic installed new engine. I changed trans filter and oil. Occasionally the travel speed will go down to 50% or so. If I idle down and idle back up it will go back to normal for awhile, then back into slow mode. Tried changing filter again, no change. It is a napa filter. Got a filter from cat, but have not tried yet. Any ideas?

gwhammy

My 63 does that when oil is cold. No problem after oil warms up. What brand of oil in the hydro's? Use only good quality oil in them. I use cat filters on the hydro stat systems only.

tnc110

I ran napa to-4. Then developed a leak. Had cat fix the leak, then they topped off with 10w, not sure what brand. Then it developed another leak. Fixed it, topped off with napa to-4. Went to use loader a week later and it was down 5 gal. Topped off with 10w. Still has a slow leak somewhere. So basically right now it has 2/3 to-4, 1/3 10w (aw32) with a napa filter.

gwhammy

Only two types of these old loaders, those leaking and those that are going to leak. It's bypassing I think when it slows down.