• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

955l rollers

BUFORD

how to remove roller oil plugs on a 955l-have destroyed all 3/8 tools. any help appreciated,

Last edited:

AllDodge

how to remove roller oil plugs on a 955l-have destroyed all 3/8 tools. any help appreciated,

It's going to take some heat from a torch. Also if I remember correctly from the CAT dealer, he told me the roller needs to be removed. Once removed the roller is turned straight up and then filled. If your roller is leaking it probably needs to be replaced

BUFORD

removing all the rollers to check fluid sounds like a lot of work-not leaking just wanted to check fluid a new machine for me.

AllDodge

removing all the rollers to check fluid sounds like a lot of work-not leaking just wanted to check fluid a new machine for me.

Don't remove the plug to check oil level. The CAT shop manager said they should never leak, and if they do they need to be replaced. To find out if they need replacing or if lube has leaked out. Raise the loader up with the bucket to have the chain clear the roller. Then hand spin the roller and feel and listen for roughness. The top can be done in similar fashion by lifting the track off the roller