• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

955l bucket shank bolt torque specs

empty pockets

hi, just wondering if anyone knows the torque specs of the nuts that hold the shanks on the bucket. The bolts are 3/4”. I bought new shanks and teeth and want to install them this weekend. Any help would be appreciated.

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
I usually use 3/4 drive ,2’ pipe ,3grunts and call it good.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
My choice 1" rattle gun until stop moving. Kind of hard on the helper holding the bolt!

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
You don't know my Helpers, is always Me, Myself and I all three hanging on that 1". And Yes I am fully aware are plow bolts. Only so many hands to hold the bolt head in with the less than friendly threaded ones while running the gun with my helpers.

Last edited:

gwhammy

Tight as you can get them and half a turn more. That's probably the same bolt used on a 963. I break them on a regular basis pushing brush. Five foot pipe on a breaker bar in the field, one inch impact at the shop. You can't get them to tight I don't think. I've never broke one tightening them.