• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

953d

Sparffo

Occupation
Demolition contractor
Hi Sparffo

Thanks for the welcome :)

How do you know the machine is a D41S-3 model? The last time I saw a D41S, there was no indication of whether it was a -2 or -3 or whatever. I'm just curious about that. :confused:

As I recall, D41S is round-about Cat 941/943 size although the Cat's do have a bit more power. Of course Cat did away with the 943 model...

maybe we should trade brochures, if you find a D41s-3 brouchure;):D

Actually i don't know for shure if it's a -3 model, the seller "juma international" based in Cork Ireland tells me it's a -3 model. but i have requested for the serial number to get it further checked.

Tri-star
that sounds good! cylinders are anyway stuff that seldom needs to be replaced and are still parts that are rebuildable. but the trans and engine parts are probably the same as on some other Komatsu models.

I think i will go for the Komatsu, i don't think my employees would be so pleased to operate a old model 955H anyway, even if i would like it :D

maybe somebody from Ireland could go and check it out? :cool:

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
I've been idly wondering if you can still get backhoes for a t-loader. Guy a few miles from here has one and uses it for almost everything. I'm guessing it would be difficult to put one on a modern one sith everything set up the way they are.

herbsupurb

Havent seen a 953D yet, but have ran and looked at a 973D briefly, part of a field follow by CAT. New ACERT engines are suppose to be very good in preformance on this model. On the 953D you have to 6.6 liter engine.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums herbsupurb!:drinkup

The only D I have seen/ran has been the '53. Not many '73's of any series around these parts. Boy how I would like to try a '73D.:D

What sort of application was the '73D being used in and how did the operators like it?

herbsupurb

973D is being used in blue stone quarrys in northern PA. Havent gotten a chance to talk with the operator, pretty sure they like it. they loved the transition with the C models. These quarrys are out in the woods, need the versitility of machine, also use the bucket and machines speed to get into the seems of stone and break them apart in big pieces. Have a boat load of 973C's in this area.

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
I can't wait for our 973D. I was told in Vegas that we have the next unit off the floor coming to us since we have had such bad luck with the C's. Mine has 5100hrs and 12lbs oil pressure.... figure that one out!

Deereman

bear, i think about the only way you are going to get a backhoe is on a 455 or 555g. there is a boat load of 455g's with backhoes running around down here.
What is the name of the place in Kentuck you live?
There was a brand new demo 953D that had about 300 hours on it (I think) sitin in atlanta over a year ago. I just about missed it on the lot,but for some reason i caught it out of the corner of my eye and went and scoped it out . It really wasn't much diffferent from the C to me but i didn't get to run it. Did like the rear visibilty

Last edited:

keerym

Has anyone operated a D-Series with the new joystick steering option? I ran one for about 5 minutes and fell in love. Its much easier to run than the v-handle and steering pedals. Its like a giant skid steer.

ZX850

Does anyone know if the Cat "D" series has case drain filters on each of the systems..ie drive motors, pumps etc? If one system fails ie drive motor and takes out the rest...just saw a 963C lose a drive motor and take out 70k worth of hydraulic system.

Shay Stutsman

Hello Everyone,
I have some great pictures of our new 953D that I would love to post, I’m a new member and I don’t think I have the ability to post the pictures yet as I’m still a probationary member? Hope I can post them soon!
Sincerely,
Shay Stutsman

Shay Stutsman

Here are the pictures!

1st: Being delivered.
2nd: Digging a house.

Sincerely,
Shay Stutsman

Attachments

• 114_1448.jpg
    114_1448.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 221