• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

953C Fuel Tank Shut Off Valve?

LeakyBoot

Going to change fuel filters down in the woods later today and book says shut off the tank valve at rear of tank. Guess I don't pay much attention long as things are working and don't remember any access to rear of tank. How is this valve accessed? I know there is a door up front bottom but that is front of tank. Thanks for help.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
If heymaccall's machine is different than yours best thing I could say is took "upstream" from the filter. If it needs to be shut off to change filter I would hope Cat would place it where it can be seen and accessed!

LeakyBoot

Thanks for the info. I am heading over there in a little bit. Surely it is where you could get to it.

LeakyBoot

Got those filters, all 3, changed. Air thru the line from the tank. Could hear it gurgling good up there so that is open. After this still had the problem as before. Not too suprised, but you have to do filter first I guess. Starts easy but dies down, but does not die, when a load is put on engine. Engine runs ok after starting up but starts running erantic and missing in a few seconds. RPM changes some while runnning. Not enough power to go up ramps to load and bring home. Must be a fuel issue but not sure wha,t as of yet.