• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

953 start switch

cat953

Need some help, have to replace start switch on a 953 20Z loader the old wires burnt off need to know where they went have 4 wires small orange,3 bigger ones white,red,orange,can not find a wiring diagram that helps,thanks for any help

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry

For some reason I'm not finding a schematic for the wiring on this machine. Looked on SIS in a few of the normal places and the only thing I can see is a list of symbols used in a diagram but no diagram itself. In the parts section there is a list of harnesses but not much to indicate what goes where.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
For some reason I'm not finding a schematic for the wiring on this machine. Looked on SIS in a few of the normal places and the only thing I can see is a list of symbols used in a diagram but no diagram itself. In the parts section there is a list of harnesses but not much to indicate what goes where.
Ken,

I think we've come across this before. If you look in the parts manual for the lowest possible S/N range of 20Z machine IIRC a wiring schematic is there. As regards the ignition switch wiring I would imagine that all 20Z machines are the same.

cb75

I recall a few older machines that had the wiring schematic in the operation and maintenance manual. It took up all of 1 page.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
On older machines, wiring information is in Troubleshooting.........

View attachment 157337

Cmark,

Thanks now if I can remember that for next time! I had actually taken a quick look at the "Troubleshooting" page but did not see anything that looked to be about the electrical system. Now I see there is a "Troubleshooting" link inside of the "Troubleshooting" main heading where the simplified schematics are located.

I knew that some of the older machines had the schematics as a page in the back of a parts book or in the operation and maintenance manuals.