• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

951C coupler

mljohn

anyone tried to replace a torque to engine coupler without removing the trans or engine

tctractors

The coupling is just rubber Pucks that bolt in place and are easy to change, the tran's flange will push back on the shaft giving good clearance.

tctractors

mljohn

thank you tc would that be from the top or better from the bottom

tctractors

It can be done from the top, hoist up the loader frame and fit the cylinder lock bar or strong angle about 31 1/2" long, it's a bit testing but not that hard. tctractors

Nitelite

Occupation
Retired
Much easier from the bottom, especially if it is time to clean out the belly pan to prevent fires. I am not real good at standing on my head.

Some new aftermarket pucks have incomplete or distorted threading in the mounting holes. I would suggest that you run the mounting bolts completely into the new threads on a bench, rather than find out while working underneath the machine. Adjusting the engine alignment is critical after replacing the disc. Uniform adjustment as per your manual, from the flywheel to trans flange is also easier accomplished from the bottom.

It is also a good time to replace that trans flange seal that is probably already leaking.