• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

943 3204 question

denver m farms

Occupation
Farmer/cattle buyer/ construction/excavating
I was digging a basement with the 943 and it started getting hot all at once, got it cooled down some and took the radiator cap off, it has alot of air bubbling up in the radiator. our guess is blown head gasket.

So my question is what is the best way to make sure that's what it is? Can you blow air in a injector and see if it bubbles in the radiator? Any other ideas besides head gasket? Had sevarel of these but never had a issue like this, they have all been good or completely exploded to the point we just put in a reman engine. Thanks.

Bluox

You may have a cracked head so pull head and if gasket is not bad check head.
Bob

denver m farms

Occupation
Thanks, I figure your right, one or the other. not to many things it could be.

denver m farms

Occupation
Took the head off and couldn't really see anything visibly wrong with the head gasket, but replaced it and it seems to have fixed it.