• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

941b Pressure Control Valve

Kisuke47

I am trying to remove the 7S4621 Pressure Control Valve Group I have the top cover off but can't seem to figure out how it comes out.

Attachments

• IMG_20220923_114846_255.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 13

Dave Neubert

cant remember excatly but you have to pull the oil tubes from the front side they may have like a hair pin clip to take off then you slide the tubes one way or the other till you have clearance some have tubes comming from the side you can see them though

Kisuke47

Thanks I got the pressure control valve group out and replaced it. But my loader still will not move it starts and runs fine it just won't go into gear, someone said that the control valve will just go bad and that was the problem could it be the selector valve group that is bad?

Kisuke47

Did you actually measure any pressures in the transmission system.? No it pumps good that I know I don't have a guage. I have not checked the magnetic strainer where is it and how do I check it?

Dave Neubert

will have to drop belly pan should be on the front left near the bottom of the transmission will need to drain oil out

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
No it pumps good that I know I don't have a guage.
I’m sorry but IMHO you have no idea whether it “pumps good” or not until you have had a gauge on the pump and pressure measurements to prove it. You might be able to get away with one gauge that measures up to 350psi but you would be better with a second one that measures up to 100psi to measure torque converter pressures. I've attached the test procedure in case you feel inclined to do it.
I have not checked the magnetic strainer where is it and how do I check it?
See the attachment Steps 1 thru 17. You are looking for metal particles or burned up clutch material packed into the screen. Take photos of anything you find and post them up. Also when you drain the oil take a good look at the colour - is it clear & bright or dark & cloudy with maybe a burned smell.?

Attachments

• Power Train T&A.pdf
    589.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Suction Screen.pdf
    556.4 KB · Views: 3

tctractors

The pressure gauge that is best used on the Trans main pressure is a 0-600 psi type, if you plumb it in to the trans filter top it will give you a good starting point, there is also the steering pump so don't get things confused. tctractors

p.s. the oil level for the transmission is under the small plate in the floor by your right heel, the oil level for the steer case is under the seat.

Kisuke47

Thanks for the help guys I will try and test the transmission pressure when I get a chance so guess it will either be the selector control valve that is bad or the transmission just went out? It shifted strong right before this happened just don't get it.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
so guess it will either be the selector control valve that is bad or the transmission just went out?
I would suggest not to get fixated on anything specific at this time. The problem could be something simple. Take a look at the colour/smell of the oil (clear & bright or dark and burned smell.?), do the inspection of the screen, and finally the pressure tests. The results will guide you towards what the problem is, that's how diagnostics works.

Changing a control valve just because "someone said" is most certainly not the way to go.