• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
can any one help my cat 935 b loader transmission stopped pulling all at once. i checked filter it was good. any ideas? please help!!!

Welder Dave

I think you need to give some more details on exactly what happened. Might not be a transmission problem, could be steering clutches or even a u-joint on the drive shaft.

exactly what happened was i backed up and it shut off and when i started it back up it would not pull and the drive shaft didnt make any noise no sign of anything it just shut off and stopped pulling. and ideas?

the drive shaft doesnt move or even try to when i put it in foward or reverse. and i checked all the filters and the fluid.

Welder Dave

The engine just shut off and after that it wouldn't move? Did something get caught in the tracks or final drive problem that made it stall?

wosama931b

Occupation
Real Estate Broker/ Ret.
Sometimes you use a little more fuel than you think , and backing up a little will make you think when it starts to
sputtering to a stop , you may think something else is wrong . good luck , sam .

the yoke at the back of the transmission does not move around so its good and nothing got caught in the tracks or final drive i think its an internal transmission problem

wosama931b

Occupation
Real Estate Broker/ Ret.
Are you able to run the motor in neutral , and transmission engaged ? and then when you get in gear , no movement ?
Sam .

wosama931b

Occupation
Real Estate Broker/ Ret.
There is a short drive shaft , it's hard to see , it has 2 universal joint , one may be the problem . if you lower the belly pan, and slid it out of the way , not to hard to remove and repair . take a good look , flash light and mirror on a stick .
Sam .

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
This should be a powershift and there is no yoke at the 'Back' of the transmission just the rear of the torque converter that feeds a short driveline to the trans. If that shaft is rotating and the unit in gear you have a failed transmission or bevel gear or pinion that will need come out. That needs to be dragged into a workshop or under a shelter where covers can come off for deeper inspections. This is not any easy external fix by sounds of it.