• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

933G Sluggish & Blowing White Smoke

BoomerSooner

Obviously not that interested in getting assistance. Hasn't been back since the OP on Saturday evening.
And there was me trying to polish up my crystal ball(s).......
Talk about cryptic, I was trying to figure out if he was telling us something or asking for help.
I’m interested but don’t get notifications on post and last time I posted I would have withered away awaiting a reply sorry all.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
It also helps to give a bit more information. Like how long have you owed it, how many hours are on it. Did the problem come on fast or have you noticed it getting worse over an period of time. What work has been done in the last couple of months.

And one of the big ones, what is the S/N? Despite what some of my bosses thought, just because it's yellow and has a big C in the side does not mean it's the same as every other yellow machine with the C on the side!

BoomerSooner

It also helps to give a bit more information. Like how long have you owed it, how many hours are on it. Did the problem come on fast or have you noticed it getting worse over an period of time. What work has been done in the last couple of months.

And one of the big ones, what is the S/N? Despite what some of my bosses thought, just because it's yellow and has a big C in the side does not mean it's the same as every other yellow machine with the C on the side!
Couple years I have had, and not sure on hours as meter not working.

Probably came on all the sudden.

Trying to locate SN#

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Couple years I have had, and not sure on hours as meter not working.

Probably came on all the sudden.

Trying to locate SN#

Okay now hoping I don't sound too dumb but what is a 933G? As you posted this in the track loader section and a 933 is a Cat track loader I looked on SIS for Cat and they only list 933 and 933C.

So I thought maybe it's a John Deere, I know they sometimes use three digit model numbers and they only list a 933D. And that appears to be more or less a skidder.

So either SIS is jerking me around or something else is! Did some more searching and I think I have it figured out, Cat made 933G I think back in the early 1960's so that explains why it doesn't show up on SIS!

Might pay to post this over at http://www.acmoc.org

I did a quick search on their site for 933G and came up with dozens of hits.

BoomerSooner

Yes It is a 1965 model and was one of the first models to have a turbo.

Appreciate the insight on the other site.

Rusted

Okay now hoping I don't sound too dumb but what is a 933G? As you posted this in the track loader section and a 933 is a Cat track loader I looked on SIS for Cat and they only list 933 and 933C.

So I thought maybe it's a John Deere, I know they sometimes use three digit model numbers and they only list a 933D. And that appears to be more or less a skidder.

So either SIS is jerking me around or something else is! Did some more searching and I think I have it figured out, Cat made 933G I think back in the early 1960's so that explains why it doesn't show up on SIS!

Might pay to post this over at http://www.acmoc.org

I did a quick search on their site for 933G and came up with dozens of hits.

It will be a 42A series if it's U.S. built, which started out as the 933F with a D311 non turbo engine, and became the G series when the engine was changed to the D320T. They didn't make a whole lot of the G's before 933 production stopped in 1968 until the modern version came out in the 90's.