1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

933 cat track loader

Discussion in 'Tractor/Loader/Backhoes' started by jimg984, Apr 29, 2016.

1. jimg984

jimg984 Senior Member

lost drive forward and reverse on one side.. what would be first things to look at?

2. Billrog

Billrog Senior Member

band mill , backhoe and dump truck
    I don't know what to look for first but I had a TD15 that wanted to go in circles. Don't know the terminology but I ended up pulling off the track and opening up the drive to find the bearings were shot for the bull gear and one other gear so bad they weren't allow them to mesh. Had to cut out the race with a torch and install new bearings.I had started by pulling 1/2 the cab apart and checking the steering clutches but they were new and not the problem.

3. RBMcCloskey

RBMcCloskey Senior Member

Heavy Construction Contractor
    A little more information is required. What is the full model of the 933? Caterpillar made two one was a direct drive machine that ended production in the early 60's and was replaced by the 941 and the other is a power shift model from the late 80' through the 2000's

4. ttazzman

ttazzman Well-Known Member

i might suggest moving this question to the track loader section

5. jaluhn

jaluhn Well-Known Member

If it's a 42A I have the service manual should you want it.

6. jimg984

jimg984 Senior Member

yes,42a would like to have manual you will have an email on the way

7. jaluhn

jaluhn Well-Known Member

Haven't seen anything in email, try pming me your email address if you would.